Vegan Pasta Alfredo with Roasted Cauliflower and Mushrooms
This is a delicious and filling main meal. It is simple to make and does to require a lot of time in the kitchen to prepare.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups soy yogurt
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon vegetable bouillon powder
- splash lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley , chopped
- pasta for 4 (linguini or spaghetti)
- Preheat the oven to 450 F / 230 C.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Place the cauliflower pieces on the baking parchment.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the cauliflower and toss a bit.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the edges of the cauliflower are light brown.
- In a saucepan mix the soy yogurt, nutritional yeast, vegetable bouillon powder, garlic and onion powders.
- Turn the heat on low and warm.
- As the sauce begins to cook, add the lemon juice and wine.
- Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil.
- Cook the pasta al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, slice the mushrooms.
- Heat a bit of oil in a frying pan and fry the mushrooms until lightly browned. You could also roast them in the oven, but I did not want them to over-cook and shrivel as the cooking time for the cauliflower was longer.
- Chop the parsley.
- When the pasta is done, drain and return to the pot. Add most of the sauce to the pasta and toss.
- Serve the pasta on a large platter or on individual plates.
- Top with the roasted cauliflower and mushroom pieces.
- Garnish with the chopped parsley and a few dollops of the sauce.