Purple Potato and Leek Soup
We love the flavor of purple potatoes. They are so rich and earthy.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 & 1/2 lb. purple potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 leek, white parts only
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 4-6 cups vegetable bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1 cup soy cream
- garnished with soy yogurt, chives and a few tomato pieces
- Wash and prepare the potatoes.
- Slice the leek and mince the garlic,
- Melt the vegan margarine and olive oil in a soup pot.
- Add the leeks and gently sauté.
- Add the vegetable bouillon and sliced potatoes.
- Add the garlic and bring the soup to a boil, then turn down to a simmer.
- Cook the soup until the potatoes are soft.
- Puree the cooked soup. It will be very thick, so thin with the white wine.
- Add the salt, white pepper and rubbed sage and again puree.
- At this point, if you want, you can add soy cream. We were very happy with the soup so only used soy yogurt as a garnish.
- Serve the soup garnished with soy yogurt, chives and possibly with tomato pieces.