Carrot Mango Salad
This salad is very tasty and refreshing. The dressing is particularly nice. The bright colors were lovely on a gray winter day.
Serving Size: 4
- 14 ounces carrots, peeled, grated, sliced or shaved
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, and sliced
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch coriander or cilantro, washed and chopped
- 1/2 bunch chives, washed and chopped
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- splash lemon juice
- 1 one inch knob ginger, peeled and grated or chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and peel the carrots. Slice them thinly or in matchstick sized pieces as desired and place in a bowl.
- Slice the spring onions, the white and very light green parts only.
- Peel the ginger and grate or chop.
- Wash and chop the coriander or cilantro, save few leaves to se as garnish.
- Wash and chop the chives.
- Mix the orange juice, rice vinegar, ginger, olive oil, salt and pepper to make a dressing. Add a splash of lemon juice to give a bit of a tang.
- Add the spring onion and coriander to the salad, and pour the dressing over. Mix well.
- Slice and peel the mango. Cut the mango into bite sized pieces and add to the salad. Reserve a few slices of the mango to use as garnish or a bed for the rest of the salad.
- Add the mango pieces to the carrots, sprinkle in most of the chives and gently mix.
- Serve the salad on individual plates, with a slice of mango and garnished with the rest of the chives a few coriander leaves.
Join Club Vegalicious
to print this post and download PDF, MacGourmet3, Meal-Master and MasterCook files.