Stir-Fried Eggplant and Pear
This sweet and spicy side dish tastes great on couscous with some falafel balls on the side.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 eggplant, cubed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon taco seasonings
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 conference pears, peeled and cubed
- 1 organic lime or lemon, zest and juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly toast the sesame seeds in a dry frying pan. When toasted, remove from the pan and set aside until needed.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan or wok.
- Wash and cube the eggplant.
- Place the cubed eggplant in the pan and stir-fry until soft.
- Add the seasonings and mix well. If the mixture is too dry to continue frying, add a small splash of water, enough so that the eggplant does not stick to the pan.
- Peel and core the pears and cut into cubes the same size as the eggplant.
- Add the pears to the eggplant and carefully mix together.
- Zest the lime or lemon, and squeeze over the eggplant mixture.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds and zest on top and serve.
Join Club Vegalicious
to print this post and download PDF, MacGourmet3, Meal-Master and MasterCook files.