Crunchy Pea Salad with Balsamic Dressing
We really enjoyed this tasty salad tonight. We used fresh peas from our garden to make this nice salad.
Serving Size: 4
- 16 ounce green peas, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped or sliced
- 3-4 spring onions, white and green parts sliced
- 1/2 cup soy cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup soyannaise
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and black pepper to taste
- pinch of sugar (optional)
- Prepare the peas. If they are fresh, remove from the pods and blanche or cook lightly until al dente but not too soft.
- If the peas are frozen, place peas in a colander, and run warm water over them until they are thawed.
- Place the prepared peas in a large bowl.
- Toast almonds in a skillet over medium heat. Then combine with peas.
- Slice the spring onions.
- Cut the soy cheese into small pieces.
- Add onions and soy cheese.
- Mix the soyanaise with balsamic vinegar, and season with salt pepper.
- Taste and season accordingly. You may want a pinch of sweetness to offset the vinegar.
- Cover the salad, and refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve the salad cold or at room temperature.