Fava Bean Salad with Black Olives, Sun-dried Tomatoes and Soy Chesese
We really enjoyed this tasty salad on a hot day. It’s packed full of flavor as well as being healthy.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 cups fresh fava beans, out of the pod, blanched and peeled
- 1 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, cut in small pieces
- 4-6 ounces soy cheese, cut in small cubes, as feta
- 2 tablespoons oil from the sun-dried tomatoes or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (oregano, thyme, basil, chives), chopped
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the prepared the fava beans in a large bowl.
- Add the chopped olives and sun-dried tomato pieces.
- Chop the fresh herbs, add to the salad and gently mix.
- Make a light dressing from the oil of the sun-dried tomatoes, or olive oil, with white balsamic vinegar or lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and carefully mix.
- Cut the soy cheese and add to the salad.