Vegan Tomato Artichoke Soup
This nice soup was very tasty today. It’s a quick soup to prepare and very easy to make.
Serving Size: 4
- 28 oz can tomato-vegetable juice (such as V8)
- 15 oz can artichoke hearts
- 1 cup vegetable bouillon
- 1/2 – 1 cup soy yogurt
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1 large onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper optionally
- Chop the onion and garlic.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegan margarine in a large soup pot.
- Sauté the onions, garlic, and 3 bay leaves until the onions are translucent.
- Add the tomato vegetable juice and heat.
- Quarter the artichokes.
- Add 1/2 the artichokes and the vegetable bouillon to the soup.
- Add the thyme and oregano.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender (or blender if necessary), blend the soup to a smooth consistency.
- Add 1/2 cup soy yogurt.
- If you wish a more creamy soup, add more soy yogurt.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and optionally cayenne pepper.
- Add the other 1/2 of the artichokes.
- Serve the soup with pieces of the artichokes, and croûtons to be added as wished.