Sweet Spicy Pumpkin Salad
This is a great salad. It’s quick and easy to make, and really tastes delicious. You may want to make a double portion as it will disappear quickly.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 large red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 & 1/2 lb. pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- handful Italian parsley, chipped
- 1/4 cup Thai sweet spicy sauce
- Prepare the pumpkin early enough to cool before serving.
- Peel the pumpkin or squash. Remove the seeds and cut into bite-sized cubes.
- Steam the pumpkin until soft yet al dente and still holding its shapes. (5-8 minutes)
- Place the cooked pumpkin pieces in a bowl and cool in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the onion in thin slices.
- Heat the oil and saute the onion until soft.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- Chop the parsley, leaving a few leaves as garnish.
- Add the onion slices and chopped parsley to the pumpkin and gently toss to mix.
- Place the salad on a plate or in a bowl and drizzle the Thai sauce on top.
- Garnish with a few parsley leaves.
- We also sprinkled a few red pepper flakes as garnish.
We used an Uchiki Kuri pumpkin, although it would be good with any pumpkin or winter squash, such as butternut.