Parsnip Risotto with Beet and Walnuts
This was a very tasty meal we enjoyed today. The parsnip risotto is nice but when you add the beets with it, it really becomes special.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 medium large parsnips, peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 & 1/2 cups risotto rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 cups vegetable bouillon
- 100 grams walnuts, chopped
- 4 large beets, peeled and boiled
- 10 sprigs thyme
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1/5 cup soy yogurt or soy cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- Peel the onions and cut in small pieces.
- Peel and cut parsnips in medium bite-sized chunks.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and saute the onions until glassy.
- Add the risotto rice and mix to coat the rice with the oil.
- Add the white wine and cook until the wine has been absorbed.
- Add the parsnips and half of the vegetable bouillon and cook, stirring until the bouillon has been absorbed.
- Slice the cooked beets.
- Heat the vegan margarine in a second frying pan.
- Add the chopped walnuts and lightly toast.
- Remove the leaves from the thyme sprigs and add to the walnuts.
- Add the beet slices and cook at light heat to warm the beets.
- When the risotto is soft, add the soy yogurt and mix well.
- Serve the risotto on a large serving platter with the bets and walnuts on top of the risotto and garnished with a dollop of soy yogurt, a few walnut pieces and thyme leaves.