Brussels Sprouts with Walnuts and Pears
This side dish would be a tasty addition to any meal. The mixture of flavors and textures is very nice.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts
- 1-2 pears, peeled and cut
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon fine olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Balsamic vinegar as garnish
- Cut the Brussels sprouts in half.
- We preferred to steam them, but roasting is also good.
- Chop the walnuts, and toast in a dry frying pan.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing the oils, vinegar and mustard with sat and pepper.
- Depending upon the size of the pears, you will need 1 large or 2 small-medium.
- Peel the pears, and cut in medium bite sized chunks, discarding the seeds and core.
- When the Brussels sprouts are cooked, place in a bowl, drizzle the sauce over and mix well.
- Add the pear pieces and place in a serving dish.
- Sprinkle the walnuts over the top and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.