Spiced Carrot Waffles
We really enjoyed these tasty waffles last weekend. The are quick and easy to make, and not so sweet. We enjoyed them with maple syrup. They made a lovely Sunday morning breakfast.
Yield: 6-7 individual squares
- 1 & 1/4 cup AP flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons. baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg replacement
- 1 cup packed shredded carrot
- 1 & 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- Place the dry ingredients in a bow and whisk together.
- In a second bow, place the non-dairy milk and egg replacements.
- Whisk briskly, and add the oil and shredded carrots.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry and stir to an even consistency.
- Bake on prepared oven griddle.
Adapted from http://www.perrysplate.com/2010/01/spiced-carrot-waffles.html