Spirali Pasta with Romanesco and Peas
This was a very special pasta meal with a delicious almond-miso-white wine Sauce. We really like romanesco and look forward to late summer/fall when it comes available.
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 ounces spirali pasta
- 1 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 2-3 cups romanesco broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup fresh basil,chopped
for the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons miso
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1-2 ounces soy cheese grated as garnish and handful toasted almonds
- Steam the romanesco florets al dente.
- Cook the pasta according to the recommendations of the package.
- Prepare the peas – frozen can be thawed with boiling water, fresh should be cooked al dente.
to prepare the sauce:
- Place the miso in a small saucepan.
Add the white wine and stir to evenly dissolve the miso.
- Add the ground almond and pepper flakes if using.
- Lightly warm the sauce.
- Season to taste as desired.
- Toast the almonds in a dry frying pan.
- Grate the soy cheese.
to prepare the meal:
- When the pasta is coked, drain off the water and return to the pot
- Add 13/4 of the miso sauce and mix well.
- Add 3/4 of the chopped basil, the peas and mix.
- Add the romanesco and lightly mix in.
- Serve the meal in a large serving bow, or on individual serving plates.
- Garnish with a few more basil leaves, some toasted almonds, and the grated soy cheese.
- The rest of the miso dressing can be served in a bowl for people to help themselves I they want more.