Classic Potato Salad Gone Vegan
There are many versions of potato salad and all are tasty. However, we enjoy the simple classic potato salad with onions and celery the best.
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 lbs. potatoes (boiled)
- 4-5 stalks celery, chopped
- 1-2 onion, chopped
- salt & pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1/3 cup soyanaise
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Cook the potatoes, and peel them.
- Place in a large bowl
- Chop the celery in fine pieces and the onions also.
- Add to the potatoes.
For the dressing:
- Mix the soyanaise seasoned with salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and celery seeds, thinned out with a bit of vinegar.
This is where I make variations, sometimes I use malt vinegar, or balsamic or tarragon or other times the apple cider.
I’ve also been successful making a vegan version using soya cream instead of the mayonnaise.
- Pour the dressing over the potatoes and gently mix to evenly coat all the ingredients.
- Chill until ready to serve.