Beet and Mango Smoothie
We usually prefer fruit smoothies over vegetable ones, but this was an exception. The combination is really very tasty and refreshing.
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 medium beet, peeled, cooked and pureed
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, stone removed and cut into pieces
- 2 cups mango juice
- 12-15 mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 1 lime, juiced
- Place the pureed beet in a blender.
- Add the mango pieces, mango juice, lemon juice and mint.
- Whiz to a smooth consistency.
- Taste, if it is not sweet enough, add 1 teaspoon of agave syrup.
- You may want to add a bit more lemon juice also.