Smooth Carrot Soup with Cardamom and Cashews
A lovely, rich and creamy soup. It was very mild (not spicy hot) and yet quite flavorful.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 10 carrots, diced
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or Tabasco to taste
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup cashews,
- salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil and add the onion and carrots.
- Sweat and become really flavorful for 10-15 min.
- Add the ginger, garlic, cayenne and cardamom, stir well and let this cook for 2 min.
- Add the stock and cashews and bring to a boil and simmer for 10 min.
- Puree the soup, add the coconut milk, make sure it is really smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper or even a splash of agave or maple syrup.