Fava Bean and Vegan Cream Cheese Wraps
We enjoyed these for lunch. They would also make a nice appetizer or if you multiply the recipe and slice the wraps, it could make finger food for a party.
Serving Size: 2
- 3/4 cup prepared fava beans
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon vegetable bouillon powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons soy milk to thin the vegan cream cheese
- dash Tabasco
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 flour tortillas
- Prepare fava beans by blanching them and then removing the skins.
- Place the vegan cream cheese in a medium bowl.
- Add the soy milk and mix with a fork to make a thinner consistency.
- Add the vegetable bouillon powder chives and basil.
- Season to taste with a dash of Tabasco and salt and pepper.
- Spread the vegan cream cheese mixture over the flour tortillas.
- Sprinkle the fava beans on top and roll the tortilla up.
- We enjoyed them cold for lunch, you could also warm them up in the oven if you prefer them warm.