Creamy Hungarian Mushroom Soup
This is a delicious hearty mushrooms soup. It was quite easy to veganize the recipe that we found at Eatingwell.com The soup could easily make a main meal with a salad on the side and some full grain bread.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 &1/2 lb. mushrooms (we used both white button and crimini) quartered
- 1 onion, minced
- 4 cups vegetable bouillon
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons Hungarian paprika powder
- 2 tablespoons dill
- 1 cup plain soy milk
- 1 & 1/2 lb. red skinned potatoes, diced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- soy yogurt to dollop as garnish
- Heat the oil in a soup pot.
- Add the mushrooms and onions and saute.
- Add 3 cups of vegetable bouillon, the Hungarian paprika powder and the dill.
- Add the diced potatoes and cook the soup at a simmer until the potatoes soften. (15 minutes)
- When the potatoes are soft, mix the flour with the remaining vegetable bouillon and add to the soup to thicken the soup.
- Add the soy milk and stir well to mix.
- Season to taste with additional salt, dill and or paprika powder.
- Serve the soup garnished with a dollop of soy yogurt and a bit of dill.