Deutsch | English

Pear, Kiwi, Banana Smoothie

This is a very refreshing and filling smoothie. We enjoyed it on a cool spring afternoon.

A very refreshing and filling smoothie. (Harald Walker)

Ingredients:

• 1 banana, peeled and chopped
  • 3 kiwi, peeled and sliced
  • 1 cup pears, chopped
  • 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
  • 1/2 cup pear juice
  • splash of lemon juice (optional)
  • 2 tablespoons agave syrup

Directions:

1. Place the banana pieces, chopped pears and kiwis in a blender.
  2. Add the pear juice, vanilla soy milk, and agave syrup and blend to a smoothie consistence.
  3. Taste the smoothie, you may want to add a splash of lemon juice, and optionally a bit more pear juice or agave to sweeten.
Print this postJoin Club Vegalicious to print this post.
per monthper year
Your Source for Superfoods Since 1995
Click on the image of the post, if you are interested in buying a print or license. For more images like this: Food & Drink gallery

10 Responses to “Pear, Kiwi, Banana Smoothie”

1. Grace Lieberman says:

This sounds so tasty! I’m always looking for another reason to use my new blender :] Is pear juice hard to find? I don’t think I’ve ever seen it at the supermarket, but, then again, I’ve never really looked.

2. Nadia says:

A reminder that kiwis work great in smoothies, something I totally forgot about! Thank you :)

3. Chris says:

Hi Grace,
    Thank you for your comment. This was a lovely smoothie. Pear juice is quite available here, although I don’t know about your area. It is also sometimes called pear nectar. Or, if you use canned pears, you could use the syrup they are in. The pear juice was just used to sweeten the smoothie and enhance the flavor of the pears. I hope you enjoy the smoothie.

4. Chris says:

Hi Nadia,
    Thank you for your comment. Yes, kiwis are great, not just in smoothies. We have a lovely pineapple pie with kiwi sauce
    http://www.vegalicious.org/2010/03/21/pineapple-pie-with-kiwi-sauce/ and some other nice treats using kiwi as well. I hope you give some of them a try.

5. Johanna Patashnick says:

I just asked for a blender for my birthday and now I really hope I get one because I can’t wait to try this smoothie! It will be great to sit outside in the nice spring weather with this drink. Thanks for the recipe.

6. Chris says:

Hi Johanna,
    Oh I hope you get your wish :-) even if it doesn’t happen, please enjoy the sunshine and lovely spring weather.

7. Michelle says:

This sounds so refreshing! I’ve never put kiwi in my smoothies, but by the sounds of this…that’s going to change! :o )

8. Chris says:

Hi Michelle,
    Thank you for your comment. Mmmmmm, kiwis ar really nice in smoothies, you need something sweet to offset the sour, but that woks well with the banana and pears. I hope you try it and enjoy.

9. Kelsey says:

Love your blog.

Can’t believe I never though of putting kiwi in a smoothie! What a treat.

I’m so excited to work through more of your recipes, have tried three so far and have been impressed with all.

10. Chris says:

Hi Kelsey,
    Thank you for your comment. Yes, funny how one forgets about some things…or it doesn’t even occur to them. This made a very nice smoothie. I hope you enjoy it.