Vegan Paradise Cookies
Pineapple, coconut and hazelnuts, the name of these cookies is really right!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine, room temperature (not melted)
- 8 ounces pineapple pieces, crushed or minced
- 1 & 3/4 cups ap flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 & 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes (divided 3/4 cup and then the rest to roll in)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F / 177 C.
- Cream the vegan margarine with the sugar until light yellow and fluffy.
- Add the pineapple and beat until well mixed.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix on low speed.
- Stir in with a spoon the chopped hazelnuts and 3/4 cup of coconut flakes.
- Mix to a blended batter.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls and roll each ball in the rest of the coconut.
- Place o a cookie sheet prepared with baking parchment. Bake or 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned on the top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
The batter was quite wet and sticky. I had problems forming the balls, so wound up taking a spoonful and rolling it in the coconut. It was messy, but worked fine. Place the cookies about 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet as they will spread somewhat. They really taste like paradise.