Potato Salad with Black Olives
This is a very nice alternative to the traditional potato salad that we usually have. It is a lighter version as the dressing is oil and vinegar.
Serving Size: 4
- 8 large new potatoes
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 4 tablespoons Italian herbs, minced
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
for the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons malt or walnut vinegar or white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and cook the potatoes until soft, yet al dente.
- When they are cooked, remove from the heat. Pour off the boiling water and pour cold water over them.
- Allow the potatoes to cool, then remove the skins using a paring knife, cut into bite sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Slice the olives, and add to the potatoes.
- Mince the herbs and add to the potatoes and olives.
- Make the dressing by whisking the ingredients together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and gently mix. Serve the salad at room temperature.
Both malt vinegar and walnut vinegar are delicious with potatoes, although difficult to find. White wine vinegar or white balsamic vinegar is also very good to use.