Five Spices Plum Chutney
We enjoyed this tasty chutney with grilled tempeh tonight. We’re happy to have some left over so we can enjoy another using it.
Yield: 1 – 1 & 1/2 cups
- 1 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 2 lbs. ripe plums, cleaned pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 teaspoons Chinese Five Spices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 3-4 tablespoons brown sugar
- dash cayenne pepper
- dash cinnamon
- In a medium saucepan, heat the mustard seeds until the change color and begin to pop.
- Add the oil and chopped onion.
- Saute until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the chopped plums and stir well.
- Add the seasonings , vinegar and sugar.
- Cook at a low heat the plums have softened and the mixture has become a thick syrupy mixture.