Wholewheat Spaghetti with Fava Beans, Sweet Bell Pepper and Spicy Tofu Pieces
Colorful, tasty and nutritious, this recipe has it all. We really enjoyed this last night and look forward to having it again soon.
Serving Size: 4
- 12-16 ounces wholewheat spaghetti
- 1 ecological lemon
- 3 tablespoons almond slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups fava beans, from the pod, blanched, and skins removed
- 3-4 spring onions, cut in ringlets
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, sliced in pieces
- 1&1/2 cups spicy tofu pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegan Parmesan (optional)
- Slice the bell pepper.
- Mince the garlic
- Zest the lemon, then juice it.
- Slice the spring onions, white parts and the light green parts.
- Prepare the fava beans.
- Prepare the spicy tofu pieces.
- Cook the wholewheat spaghetti according to directions on the package.
- Heat the olive oil in a small sauce pan.
- Add the bell pepper pieces and saute until they begin to soften.
- Add the garlic and spring onions.
- Add the fava beans and prepared tofu pieces.
- Add the lemon juice and mix.
- When the spaghetti is cooked al dente, remove from the heat and drain.
- Place the spaghetti in a large serving bowl.
- Pour the sauce over sprinkle the lemon zest and toss well.
- Serve garnished with the almond slices and optionally vegan Parmesan (for instructions click here) cheese.
If you can’t get fava beans, limas or edamame are good alternatives.