Gnocchi with Fava Beans, Sun-dried Tomatoes and Sweet Bell Pepper
A lovely colorful meal and so tasty. It would be easy to make this for a Christmas meal as it is so red and green, but it tastes great any time of the year. We used this for a camping meal as it was so easy to make but we’re looking forward to enjoying it throughout the year.
Serving Size: 4
- 500 grams / 17.6 oz. gnocchi
- 250 grams / 8.8 oz. fava beans
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seeded and cut in very small pieces
- 1 red onion, sliced very fine and minced into small pieces
- 12 pieces sun-dried tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or the oil from the sun-dried tomato jar)
- Italian herbs
- garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- De-seed and mince the bell pepper.
- Mince the red onion.
- Remove the outer skin from the fava beans.
- Cut the sun dried tomatoes into small pieces.
- Bring a large pot of salty water to boil for the gnocchi.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil, and saute the bell pepper pieces, while they are cooking, add the red onion pieces.
- Saute both until just glassy.
- Add the sun-dried tomato pieces.
- Add the gnocchi to the boiling water and cook for a few minutes, until they begin to float.
- Drain the water and add the gnocchi to the sauteed vegetables.
- Mix well so that the gnocchi are well seasoned.
- Add the Italian seasonings, garlic salt and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the fava beans and cook until all are warmed.
- Serve the meal garnished with Italian herbs or grated soy cheese if wished.