Tempeh and Sesame Ginger Coleslaw Bites
These tasty bites are great as an appetizer or finger food at a party. There will be plenty of salad left over, so you can make more than 12 if desired, or enjoy a tasty salad on the side.
- 6 thin slices of tempeh
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 batch of sesame ginger coleslaw
- 12 small cassava chips, corn tortillas or wonton wrappers
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- Make the coleslaw according to directions. You only need to substitute agave for the honey.
- Lightly brown both sides of the tempeh slices in a bit of oil.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Once the tempeh has cooled, cut each slice in half to make a small square.
- If you are using wonton wrappers then you will need to fry them in oil.
- If using store bought cassava chips or corn tortillas then you’re all set.
- Place a tablespoon of coleslaw on each chip.
- Top with a piece of tempeh and a small dab of sambal oelek.
I think Kevin at Closet Cooking is a very talented and creative chef, even though he is an omni. I had seen his Ahi Tuna Tostadas and have been looking forward to adapting the recipe. The salad is delicious, and his mayoless sesame and ginger coleslaw is vegan except for the honey.