Brussels Sprouts with Pistachios
This is a very simple way to enjoy Brussels sprouts, yet one of our favorites as it is so easy.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons fine olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup pistachio nuts
- Clean the Brussels sprouts and cut a small X on the bottom (stem side).
- Place in a steamer and steam for 5-8 minutes until soft but still retaining their color.
- Meanwhile, blend the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper together and chop or slice the pistachios.
- When the Brussels sprouts are ready, place in a serving dish and drizzle the olive oil mixture over them.
- Sprinkle the pistachios on top and serve.