Pasta-free Pumpkin Lasagna
We enjoyed this lighter version of lasagna which uses thin slices of pumpkin instead of pasta.
- 1 small-med. pumpkin
- 1 & 1/2 cups soy yogurt
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts chopped
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 50 grams soy cheese grated
- 2 teaspoons vegetable bouillon powder
- pinch onion powder
- pinch garlic powder
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch sage
- splash cayenne
- Cut the pumpkin, remove the seeds and if it’s not an organic pumpkin, remove the outer skin.
- Cut the pumpkin in “sheets” so as to make lasagna layers.
- Place the pumpkin in a steamer and cook until al dente.
- Make the soy ricotta by’ draining the soy yogurt in a cheese cloth to remove the excess water.
- Place the drained soy yogurt in a bowl add the seasonings- nutritional yeast, mustard, vegetable bouillon powder, onion and garlic powders, nutmeg, sage and cayenne
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper as desired.
- Chop the nuts and add to the soy ricotta mixture.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F / 177 C.
- Place one slice of pumpkin on a plate, as the bottom slice of lasagna.
- Spread some of the ricotta mixture over the pumpkin.
- Add the second slice of pumpkin, and repeat with the ricotta mixture.
- Add the third slice of pumpkin, top wit a bit of ricotta and grated soy cheese.
- Place in the oven to warm and melt the soy cheese on top.
- Serve garnished with a few baslil leaves or rosemary.