Roasted Plums filled with Orange Coconut
This coconut filling tastes wonderful on the roasted plums. Altogether it makes a very tasty treat.
Serving Size: 4
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 orange zest and juice
- 1 egg replacement equivalent
- 4 ripe plums halved and stone removed
- Mix the coconut, sugar and cardamom in a bowl.
- Zest the orange and then juice it.
- Mix the zest into the coconut mixture and mix well to blend the flavors.
- Add the egg replacement powder to the juice and beat to a froth.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F / 177 C.
- Cut the plums in half and remove the stone.
- Mix the orange juice egg replacement mixture into the coconut.
- Fill the “wells” in the plums made from removing the stone with the coconut mixture and pile it slightly high.
- Place the filled plums in an ovenproof baking dish and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the coconut is toasted and the plums are somewhat soft.
- Remove from the oven.
- Serve garnished with a small scoop of vanilla soy ice cream.
adapted from http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fruit-recipes/stuffed-fruit-crumble