Savory Zucchini Muffins
Here’s another tasty way to use up your bounty of zucchinis. These tasty muffins are lovely. They’re light and fluffy ad with the ‘cheesy’ flavor of nutritional yeast a tang of a bit of mustard they really filled us up for Sunday morning brunch.
Yield: 7 med. large muffins
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup chives, snipped in small pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg replacement
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 3/4 cup soy milk or soy cream
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 (F).
- Mix the flour, egg replacement and salt together in a large bowl.
- Add the nutritional yeast and mustard powder and stir the dry ingredients to mix well.
- Mix the soy milk, and vegetable oil in a separate bowl.
- Add the grated zucchini and the chives (save a few chives to sprinkle on top).
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Grease a muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- Scoop the batter evenly in the muffin cups and sprinkle the tops with some chives.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
I made 7 medium large muffins. You can make 12 regular sized from the recipe, or more mini muffins.
Adapted from http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art52621.asp