Crunchy Celery Root Salad with Mango Ginger Dressing
Cutting the celery root into small matchstick sized pieces is the secret to this tasty salad. We’ve been eating more raw vegetables lately and this salad was one that we really enjoyed.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 med. large celery root
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 packages. salad mix herbs
- 125 ml. tomato juice
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut in pieces
- 1 mango, peeled and cut in pieces
- Peel the outer parts of the celery root off with a paring knife.
- Then grate or peel the celery in matchstick pieces using a special kitchen peeler or a food processor.
- Place the matchstick pieces directly into water with lemon juice so that the celery does not become yellowed.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and then in quarters, remove the seeds, and then cut in small pieces.
- Peel the avocado and cut in into small pieces.
- Cut the mango in half, peel, and cut one half into small pieces.
- Using a blender, puree to make a dressing from the tomato juice, the other half of the peeled mango, the salad herbs, the ginger, olive oil and dash of cayenne
- Shortly before serving, drain the celery pieces from the lemon water and add the tomato pieces, avocado pieces and mango pieces and mix well.
- Serve the salad with the dressing poured over.