Curried Vegetable with Lentil Stew
This is a very nice, mild curry dinner for a chilly fall or winter’s night.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut in large bie sized pieces
- 2 lbs. potatoes, peeled and cut in large bite sized chunks
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut in large bite sized chunks
- 2 heaping Tbs. curry powder
- 1 & 3/4 pints vegetable stock
- 4 oz. red lentils
- 1 small bunch coriander, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Saute the onions and garlic until soft and glassy.
- Add the chopped vegetables and cook for 7-8 minutes until the begin to soften and become golden.
- Stir in the curry powder and add the vegetable bouillon.
- Bring to a boil and cook the vegetables.
- When they have begun to soften, lower the heat and add the lentils.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the lentils have softened and absorbed the liquid.
- Shortly before serving, season with cinnamon, sugar and optionally additional salt and pepper.
- Stir in the coriander and mix well.
- Serve sprinkled with coriander and soy yogurt on the side.
Inspired by BBC Good Food Magaine – Vegetarian Christmas Issue 2008