Fruity Couscous Salad
This colorful salad taste good hot or cold and even better on the second day. We enjoyed it as a winter salad, but we are also looking forward to having it again as spring approaches.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can mandarin oranges
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 6-7 fresh apricots, cut in segments
- 100 grams almond slices
- 3 spring onions, sliced in thin rings
- 1 pkg. salad dressing herbs
- 5 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 oranges, zest and juice
- fresh coriander or cilantro , chopped
- Place the couscous in a large bowl.
- Pour the boiling water over the couscous, and place a lid over the bowl to allow the couscous to absorb the water.
- When the couscous has absorbed all the water, and cooled.
- Slice the spring onions in thin rings and add to the couscous.
- Add the apricot segments. (You can also use dried apricots which you have soaked in water, if you do not have fresh apricots).
- Drain the juice from the can of mandarin oranges and add them to the couscous and apricots.
- Zest and juice the oranges.
- Make a dressing from the olive oil, orange juice, salad dressing herbs, and cinnamon.
- Pour the dressing over the couscous salad and mix gently.
- Shortly before serving add the chopped coriander and almonds and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.