Red Cabbage Tarts
These tasty tarts were great as a side dish, they would also be good as appetizers or served at a buffet. The soy ricotta makes them especially flavorful.
Yield: 6 individual tarts
- 500 grams red cabbage and apples, cooked
- 6 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 100 grams pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup soy yogurt
- 1 Tbs. raw cashew butter
- lemon juice
- 1-2 Tbs, nutritional yeast flakes
- Preheat the oven to 220 C .
- Thaw the puff pastry.
- Oil six individual pastry tart shells.
- Make a soy ricotta from the soy yogurt, cashew butter, splash of lemon juice, nutritional yeast, dash of nutmeg and salt. Mix well with a fort or whisk.
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan for a few minutes until golden brown.
- Put one sheet the puff pastry in each of the tart shells.
- Trim the excess with a knife, and prick the bottom with a fork.
- Fill the pastry shells with the red cabbage apple mixture.
- Place a few dollops of the soy ricotta on top.
- Sprinkle a few pine nuts on each pastry and dust with thyme.
- Place in the oven to bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the pastry shell is lightly golden brown.