Yum, this is really tasty, and not difficult to make either. It has a great color as well as its flavor.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 beets raw peeled and grated
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mild grainy mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 packet dry yeast
- Wash the quinoa with cold water by placing it in a sieve and running the water through it. That will remove the bitter oils from storage.
- Cook the quinoa in 2 cups vegetable bouillon.
- Pre-heat the oven to 250 (F.).
- Peel and grate the beets.
- Cut the onion, and add to the beets.
- Add the quinoa and seasoning, mix well.
- Add the bread crumbs and yeast and once again mix well.
- Put in an oiled bread pan and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
Let it cool for 5 minutes so that it will “harden” and is easier to serve.
adapted from Nicole’s beetloaf at