Beet risotto salad with pineapple and peas
This is very colorful salad and also tasty. It’s one that you can make ahead of time and take to a pot luck dinner or make early in the morning and enjoy in the evening.
- 1 med. beet, cooked and pureed
- 1 cup risotto rice
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 small can pineapple pieces, drained
- 2 Tbs. light oil such as grape seed oil
- 2 Tbs. pineapple juice
- 1 Tbs. mild vinegar
- 1 Tbs. salad herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
At least 4 hours ahead of time:
- Cook the beet and puree it.
- Cook the risotto rice in the beet puree until it has absorbed all of the puree and has become soft.
- Allow the rice to cool.
Shortly before serving:
- Thaw the peas.
- Make the salad dressing.
- Add the peas and pineapple pieces to the rice and mix well.
- Pour the salad dressing over the rice mixture and once again mix well.
- Serve the rice on a bed of lettuce.