Thai style tofu and snow peas on rice vermicelli with lime peanut sauce
This is one of our favorite meals. The spicy, lemony flavors are a wonderful addition to the peanut butter.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 cup snow peas, coarsely chopped
- 1-2 tbs. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 chili pepper, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb tofu, cubed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 4 tablespoons cilantro or coriander, chopped
- 8 ounces rice vermicelli
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Saute the onion and add the snow peas, ginger, chili pepper, stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the tofu and stir fry for a couple more minutes.
- Blend the peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, coconut milk and cilantro.
- Pour over vegetables and remove from heat.
- Cook the rice vermicelli in boiling water.
- Drain and serve the sauce over the vermicelli.
- Garnish with cilantro or coriander leaves.