Sauteed favas and peas
Favas are in season again so we will try to offer as may tasty recipes as we know. This is a quick and easy side dish that tastes very nice, light in flavor; but packed with flavor.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 cups fava beans
- 1 cups peas
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. fennel seed, freshly ground
- salt & pepper, to taste
- In a heavy pot, heat the olive oil and add the ground fennel seeds.
- The temperature should be about medium high.
- Add the peas and saute.
- Add the fava beans, saute, and mix well.
- Add salt, pepper & water; cover the pot with a tight fitting lid.
- Turn down the heat & let steam cook until tender.
- Season to taste, garnish with a fennel leaf and enjoy.