Asparagus strawberry salad
This is such a spectacular salad. It looks so pretty and does taste as great as it looks. The dressing is also lovely.
Serving Size: 4
- 600 grams white asparagus, peeled and ct into bite sized pieces
- 250 grams strawberries, hulled and halved
- 3 Tbs. fresh orange juice
- 100 grams soy yogurt (plain)
- 2 Tbs. white vinegar (taragon, white balsamic or wine)
- 2 Tbs. sunflower oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs. green pepper corns
- Wash and peel the asparagus. Cut off the woody and and cut the asparagus into bite sized pieces.
- Place the asparagus in boiling water which has been salted and also with a dash of sugar.
- Cook the asparagus until al dente.
- When the asparagus are done, remove from the heat and immediately plunge into cold water.
- Wash and hull the strawberries, and depending on size, halve or quarter.
- Make the salad sauce from the soy yogurt, orange juice, vinegar and oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and perhaps a bit of sweet syrup.
- Place the asparagus pieces and the strawberries in individual serving bowls and drizzle the salad dressing over.
- Sprinkle a few green pepper corns over each salad.