Spinach pasta with asparagus and pesto sauce
This is really a quick and easy meal that is healthy and tasty.
Serving Size: 2
- 250 grams spinach pasta (tagliatelle)
- 200 grams asparagus
- 130 grams (or small jar) basil pesto
- lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Remove the dried out hard ends of the asparagus and cut them into bite sized pieces.
- Bring a 2nd smaller pot of salted water to boil.
- Place the asparagus pieces into the smaller pot.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until al dente then remove from the heat and plunge into cold water.
- Set aside.
- Place the spinach pasta into the large pot of boiling water and cook according to directions, or until al dente.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain the liquid.
- Add the pesto sauce and mix well.
- Add the asparagus pieces and a splash of lemon juice.
- Serve hot with crusty bread and a nice salad.