Warm spinach stuffed portobello mushrooms
A warm salad is always a special treat and often a bit more filling than the cold salads. Fresh spinach, just wilted in oil with garlic has such a pretty emerald green color and tastes delicious.
Serving Size: 2
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 100 grams fresh spinach, washed
- 2 spring onions, cut in small circles
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- black olives, sliced in small circles
- soy cheese
- oil and balsamic vinegar dressing
- Remove the stem from the mushroom
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add the spring onions and garlic and saute.
- Add the spinach and cook until just wilted (it will only take a minute or two).
- Add the black olive pieces and mix together.
- Preheat the oven to 400 (F).
- Place a generous amount of the wilted spinach in each of the mushroom cups.
- Place the mushrooms on an oiled baking sheet.
- Grate a small amount of soy cheese on the top of each mushroom.
- Place in the oven for 1-15 minutes to melt the cheese and warm the mushroom.
- Serve warm on a bed of lettuce with a nice oil and balsamic vinegar dressing.