Tomato salad with avocado salsa
So easy and so tasty!
Serving Size: 2
- 6 vine ripened tomatoes
- 1 scallion
- 2 Tbs. jalepeno or serrano chile, finely chopped
- 1/2 green or yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 large or 2 small ripe avocados, cut in pieces
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 sprigs coriander leaves or cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the tomatoes and slice them in wedges (eighths).
- Cut the scallion in small rings into a bowl.
- Add the jalepeno pieces, the bell pepper pieces.
- Squeeze half of the lemon over the mixture
- Finely chop 3 of the coriander sprigs and add to the mixture.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the seed and cut the flesh in small bite sized pieces.
- Squeeze the rest of the lemon juice over and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, perhaps some cayenne also.
- Place the tomatoes to form a ring on a salad plate, fill the center of the ring with the avocado salsa.
- Garnish with a few of the coriander leaves.
- Optional you can serve this on a bed of lettuce or rucola.