Pumpkin with cranberries
This makes a lovely and tasty side dish for any day but also lovely for the holidays. If there are left overs, it tastes good cold too.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 small-med. organic pumpkin, cut in small pieces
- 1 cup vegetable bouillon
- 3 Tbs. soy margarine or Earth Balance
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 200 grams cranberries
- splash maple syrup
- Cut the pumpkin. Remove the seeds and cut the pumpkin in bite sized pieces.
- Melt the soy margarine in a pan and add the pumpkin pieces.
- Add the vegetable bouillon, nutmeg, cinnamon and ground coriander.
- Cook the pumpkin with the lid on the pan for about 15-20 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft.
- Add the cranberries and let them cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place in a serving bowl and drizzle a bit of maple syrup over to serve.