Vegan macaroni salad
Macaroni salad is so tasty for lunch, or an evening supper on a hot day.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 cup cooked macaroni (1 c uncooked)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup spicy tofu pieces, cut in small cubes
- 1/2 cup soy cheese, cut in small cubes
- 1/ s cup sweet pickle relish
vegan salad dressing:
- 1/2 cup plain soy yogurt
- 2-3 tbs. soy cream
- 1 tbs. grainy mustard
- 1 tbs. vegetable bouillon powder
- 2 teaspoons juice from the pickle relish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the first five ingredients in a large bowl.
- Make a dressing from the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.
- Refrigerate for a least 1 hour.
This keeps well for 2 days, if it hasn’t been all eaten up.