Warm asparagus and avocado salad
This lovely salad really shouts green and healthy!
Serving Size: 4
- 250 grams fresh green asparagus
- 1 large fresh avocado
- 100 grams sugar snap pea pods
- 5 scallions
- 2 tbs. lemon juice
- 2 tbs. oil
for the dressing
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 3 tbs. sherry vinegar
- 1 tbs. walnut oil
- 2 tbs. soy cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh sprouts as garnish
- Remove the hard woody part of the stems of the asparagus.
- Cut the asparagus in thirds. Kook the asparagus in boiling water with a bit of salt for about 5 minutes or until cooked al dente. Pour off the water and plunge the asparagus into cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Pour off the cold water and place the asparagus in a bowl.
- Cut the sugar snap pea pods in half. Cook them in boiling salted water for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the water off and plunge the pea pods in cold water.
- Add the pea pods to the asparagus.
- Peel the avocado, cut in half and remove the nut.
- Cut the avocado in bite sized pieces, into a bowl with lemon juice.
- Heat the oil, and bake the asparagus and sugar snaps to re-warm them.
- Add the sliced scallions and mix all together.
- Place the warm vegetables in a serving bowl.
- Warm the salald dressing and wish the ingredients together.
- Put the avocado pieces as the top layer over the warm vegetables.
- Pour the salad dressing over the vegetables and garnish with the spouts.
It’s enough to be a light meal for two, with a nice whole grain bread on the side.