Fruity sweet potato salad
A bright and colorful salad that will enhance any meal.
Serving Size: 4
- 2-3 large sweet potatoes, cooked and cut into chunks
- 50 grams margarine
- 1 tbs. lemon juice
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in small pieces
- 1 ripe banana, cut into pieces
- 1 apple, cut in small pieces
- 6 or so dried apricots, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup soy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs. corn or rice syrup
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. lemon Juice
- 2 tbs. chives, chopped
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into small bite sized pieces.
- Steam them for about 5 minutes or until just soft.
- Remove from the heat, place in a large bowl and allow to cool.
- In a pan, heat the margarine and saute the bell pepper until soft, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Cut the apple into a splash of lemon juice and then add to the sweet potato.
- Cut the apricots, bananas and any other fruit you will be using.
- Add the fruits to the sweet potato mixture.
- Make the dressing and pour over the salad.
- Mix well and serve.
Almost any fruit would taste nice with this salad. You could use pineapples, or papayas, grapes or dates. Optionally also you can use some of the juice from the fruits in the salad dressing, such as pineapple juice.