Tomatoish quinoa spaghetti
When we were in France, we saw this lovely tomato quinoa spaghetti in a bright orange color. Organic and vegan – so of course we were interested in buying and trying it. We found it very tasty and want to try to make it ourselves soon.
Serving Size: 2
- 250 – 300 grams quinoa spaghetti (for 2 people)
- 1 onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (400 grams) tomato blockes in sauce
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 large can (140 grams) tomato paste
- 2 tbs. fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tbs. fresh basil, minced
- 1 tbs. fresh thyme , just the tiny leaves
- 1 tbs. fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tsp. paprika powder
- 1 tsp. sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
For the sauce:
- Saute the chopped onion in the olive oil.
- Add the minced garlic and cook until they are soft.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and let simmer to season.
Shortly before serving:
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- Select enough quinoa spaghetti for 2 people and place in the water.
- The quinoa spaghetti only needs 3 or 4 minutes to cook.
- Serve the quinoa spaghetti with the sauce on top.