Mixed Mushrooms and Spinach on Pasta
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 250 grams mixed mushrooms
- 150 grams fresh spinach
- salt and pepper
- 150-200 grams pasta
- 1 tbs. nut oil (walnut or peanut)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F (or 200 C)
- Cut the onion in thin rings.
- Saute the onion in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until glassy.
- Add the thyme and 1/2 of the red wine and allow this to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Clean the mushrooms and cut them in thin slices.
- Wash the spinach well, dry it well ( in a salad spinner) and cut the leaves in thin slices.
- Saute the mushrooms in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until they are soft.
- Add the spinach and saute for 2 minutes until the spinach is wilted.
- Add the rest of the wine and allow all to gently simmer for 1 minute.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to instructions.
- Drain the pasta and place in an oven proof baking dish.
- Layer the spinach mushroom mixture over the pasta.
- Over the top of the spinach mixture, layer the onion, wine mixture and sprinkle a bit of nut oil over the top.
- Bake for 5 minutes in a preheated oven at 375 F (200 C).