Piña Colada Mousse
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 can pineapple chunks, with liquid
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tbs. rum
- nutmeg , optional
- dried flaked coconut for garnish, optional
- Put the cooked rice in a sauce pan.
- Add the coconut milk, crushed pineapples with their sauce and the sugar.
- Cook over a low heat for 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly to avoid sticking.
- Remove from the heat and add the rum.
- Place in individual serving blows and refrigerate.
- Garnish with a piece of pineapple and a sprinkle of nutmeg or coconut if desired.
Optionally, if you wish for a very smooth mouse, you could puree the ingredients after cooking and before chilling. This will blend the flavors and be milder. I would add the rum after pureeing.