Veggi Wraps – Avocado/Zucchini Enchiladas
Recipe updated on 2007-02-17
for the avocado or guacamole sauce:
- 1 avocado
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
for the wraps:
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic, crushed
- 1/2 chili pepper, finely sliced
- 1 bell pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 med. zucchinis, sliced
- 4 tbs. walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 3 cup soy cheese, grated
- 3 tbs. oil
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 325 F / 163 C degrees.
- Cut the avocado in half and scoop the flesh with a teaspoon into a bowl.
- Mash it with a fork, add 1 clove crushed garlic, 1/2 teaspoon chopped chili pepper, and lime juice.
- Season with cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and saute the onion. When it is translucent add 1 clove crushed garlic, 1/2 sliced chili, zucchini, bell pepper, and chopped walnuts.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes until the vegetables are soft and ingredients have mingled.
- Transfer them to a bowl.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the vegetable/nut mixture, and the avocado guacamole mixture on a tortilla.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese on top of the mixtures and then roll the tortilla up.
- Lay it on a lightly oiled cookie sheet.
- Do this to all the tortillas.
- Place cookie sheet in the oven and warm for 10-15 minutes or until the tortillas are lightly browned.
- Place the enchiladas on a warm serving plate and place a spooful of the avocado mixture on each; decorate with the tomato slices.