We enjoyed this colorful salad for lunch today. It is a very good year for fruit this year. Peaches are one of the many available in abundance.
Serving Size: 4
for the salad:
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, washed , ends trimmed, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 2 organic peaches, or nectarines, cleaned, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons nuts (peanuts, cashews, pine)
- 2 tablespoons grated coconut
- handful coriander, chopped
- mixed greens as a bed to serve the salad on.
for the dressing:
- 3-4 tablespoons neutral oil
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 teaspoon sambal ulek or sambal bajak
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the green beans by washing and cutting them in bite sized pieces.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to boil and cook the green beans al dente.
- Once cooked, plunge into icy water to stop the cooking process.
- Drain the beans and place in a bowl to cool.
- Peel the peaches or nectaries and slice.
- Add the fruit slices to the green beans.
- Chop the coriander and add to the beans and fruit.
- Make the dressing by combining all and whisking to blend.
- Pour the dressing over the beans and fruit and gently mix.
- Place a bed of greens on individual salad plates.
- Divide the salad onto the individual plates.
- Sprinkle the nuts on top, and then the grated coconut.
- Serve with more of the dressing on the side for those who might need.