One of the few rich and decadent treats we enjoy especially made for holidays.
- 2 cups chestnut puree
- 1 can coconut cream, chilled
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons rum
- non-dairy whipped topping (we used Soyatoo)
- vegan chocolate decorations
- Place the chilled coconut cream in a bowl.
- Add the powdered sugar and whip using a mixer with beaters.
- Place the whipped coconut cream in the fridge until needed.
- Place the 2 cups chestnut puree in a bowl.
- Add the maple syrup and rum and mix to a smooth puree.
- Season to taste with either more rum or maple syrup, keeping in mind that it becomes sweeter with the added coconut cream.
- Gently fold the whipped coconut cream into the chestnut puree.
- Chill until needed.
- When ready to serve, place 2 tablespoons of the chestnut mixture in the bottom of serving glasses.
- Next place a layer of non-dairy whipped topping.
- Top with a generous layer of chestnut mixture and then a small mound of the non-dairy whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with chocolate vegan sprinkles and add a couple vegan chocolate decorations.
You can use canned chestnut puree, or vacuum packed chestnuts and puree yourself. Or of course, roast the chestnuts, peel them and make your own puree from scratch.