This is a delicious light soup. We added lime juice as it is typically Mexican and goes well with the zucchini and corn. It’s a lovely soup even in the warm summer temperatures.
Serving Size: 2
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups zucchini, chopped in small cubes
- 1½ cups corn
- 1-2 tablespoons jalapeños, minced
- 2 cups vegetable bouillon
- 2 heaping tablespoons soy-yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup non-dairy cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- garnished with fresh parsley, chopped
- Prepare the vegetables: Finely cut the onion, the zucchini in small cubes, and mince the jalapeños.
- Heat the vegan margarine in a large soup pot.
- Add the onions and sauté until they begin to sweat and soften.
- Add the zucchini cubes and stir to mix the flavors.
- Add the vegetable bouillon and turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Add the corn and jalapeños.
- It does not take long to cook the zucchini, as they are small cubes, al dente is fine.
- Stir in the soy yogurt and stir well to mix. It should be a thin milky looking soup.
- Add the lime juice and season to taste with additional sat and pepper if needed.
- Add most of the grated non-dairy cheese, reserving some to sprinkle as garnish.
- Chop the parsley. Stir in most and reserve a bit as garnish.
- Optionally include a few chives also chopped as garnish.
This delicious soup was adapted to be vegan from